Terms and Conditions, you, as a User of the Services as defined in the Fruit Street Health Terms
2. Fruit Street Health is also committed to protecting the privacy of your protected health information (“Protected Health Information”). “Protected Health Information” is a subset of Personal Information that is information about you, including demographic information, that may identify you and that relates to your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition; related health care services; or related to the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to you.
7. Receipt and Collection of Information. We collect Personal Information from Users. In each case, you will only be required to provide the Personal Information that we need in order to be able to provide the services you have requested. You may be entitled under data protection laws to access and review the Personal Information that we hold on you, if you provide the necessary consent and background information and pay any mandated fee. All such communications regarding access to your personal data should be addressed to: email@example.com . Such inquiries should clearly be marked as data protection queries and as being time sensitive.
In particular, we receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
8. Personal Health Information. Fruit Street Health may obtain your personal health information from your health care provider upon User’s request and prior approval. Fruit Street Health may collect certain personal health information [through connected devices and by other means] such as User’s height, weight, blood pressure, blood glucose and gender, and display User’s biometrics to User based on these inputs.
10. Information Fruit Street Health Collects or Stores as User Accesses and Uses the Services. In addition to any Personal Information or other information that User chooses to submit to Fruit Street Health via Fruit Street Health’s Services, Fruit Street Health and Fruit Street Health’s third party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever User visits or interacts with the Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to User’s personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (“Device”) whenever User visits or interacts with Fruit Street Health’s Website or the Mobile App. To the extent Fruit Street Health associates Usage Information with User’s Personal Information Fruit Street Health collects directly from User on the Website, Fruit Street Health will treat it as Personal Information.This Usage Information may include:
11. Fruit Street Health may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on User’s Device. This information may be shared with partners in order to accomplish various health and business purposes, including but not limited to a) measuring and improving the user experience, b) capturing user participation and adherence to the treatment logic of the application, c) measuring completion of various milestones tied to health or business outcomes, d) auditing participation and performance of individual participants, for both health and billing purposes.
13. Fruit Street Health may use User’s information that Fruit Street Health collects about User:
User can always opt out of utilizing the Service, and accordingly opt out of Fruit Street Health’s use of User’s Personal Information, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Fruit Street Health may share User’s Personal Information, including performance measurement information associated with User’s name that is collected or generated at the Website, Mobile App or through the Services.
15. Personal Information may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for Fruit Street Health for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which User has subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to User’s Personal Information in order to support Fruit Street Health’s information technology or to handle mailings on Fruit Street Health’s behalf. If Fruit Street Health transfers User’s Personal Information to an outside agent or organization for such purpose, Fruit Street Health will take appropriate measures in an effort to protect User’s privacy and the Personal Information Fruit Street Health transfer.
16. Fruit Street Health may, in Fruit Street Health’s sole discretion, share or transfer Personal Information where permitted or required by law, to comply with legal process, to interact with anti-fraud databases, to protect User’s vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of Fruit Street Health’s databases or the Website and the Mobile App, to enforce the Terms & Conditions or protect the business or reputation of Fruit Street Health and/or its Business Customers, to take precautions against legal liability, to protect and defend the rights or property of Fruit Street Health and/or its Business Customers, for required institutional risk control, or for resolving disputes, inquiries or complaints with respect to User’s use of the Website, Mobile App and Services.
17. Fruit Street Health reserves the right to disclose and transfer all Personal Information: (i) to an operator of the Website or Mobile App or applicable database provided such entity agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions hereof to the extent applicable; or (ii) to a successor in interest of Fruit Street Health in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, change of control, the sale of substantially all of Fruit Street Health’s interests and/or assets or other organizational change, including, during the course of any due diligence process, provided such successor entity agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions hereof.
18. “User Content” is any content, materials or information (including without limitation, any text, information, graphics, messages, photos, images or nutritional information), data, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including personally identifiable information that you upload, send, email, display, perform, distribute, post or otherwise transmit to us, at our request or on your own, on or through the Services.
19.1. Fruit Street Health or others may store, display, reproduce, publish, distribute or otherwise use User Content online or offline in any media or format (currently existing or hereafter developed) and may or may not attribute it to User.
19.2. When the User posts information in places accessible to Others, Others may have access to this User Content and may have the ability to share it with third parties. Please think carefully before deciding what information User shares, including Personal Information, in connection with User’s User Content. Be aware that public postings (including group messaging with other Users) are not confidential. Please note that Fruit Street Health does not control who will have access to the information that User chooses to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect User’s privacy or keep it secure. Fruit Street Health is not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that User makes publicly available on the Service, the Mobile App or Website or what others do with information User shares with them on the Mobile App and Website.
20. Fruit Street Health is not responsible for the accuracy, use or misuse of any User Content that User discloses or receives from third parties through the Service.
21. Fruit Street Health may also publish User’s name, voice, likeness and other Personal Information that is part of User’s User Content, and Fruit Street Health may use the content, or any portion of the content, for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional activities, provided that Fruit Street Health will not exercise such rights as to any User Content which identifies User in a public manner unless User provides a separate consent to Fruit Street Health in writing (email is sufficient) authorizing such use.
22. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below), or disclose it to third party service providers, to provide and improve the Service. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners, for purposes including, but not limited to, targeting advertisements. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about use of the Service. By using the Services, you also consent to our use of Anonymous Information both retrospectively and prospectively.
23. The Service is neither directed to nor structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age. We will direct potential users under 13 years of age not to use the Service. If we learn that Personal Information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
24. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality.
25. Please be aware that certain Personal Information and other information provided by you in connection with your use of the Services may be stored on your device (even if we do not collect that information). You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your device from unauthorized access.
Last Updated: October 30, 2020
Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices
This publication of this Notice of Privacy Practices (“Notice”) is required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). It describes how the Fruit Street Health Diabetes Prevention and Weight Loss program that Fruit Street Health, P.B.C. provides (collectively, “Fruit Street Health”, “we,” “us,” or “our”) may use and disclose your “Protected Health Information,” which is defined as information about you, including demographic information, that may identify you and that relates to your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition; related health care services; or related to the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to you.
HIPAA requires us to adhere by the terms of this Notice of Privacy Practices. We may change the terms of our notice at any time and those revised terms will apply to your Protected Health Information. You acknowledge receipt of this Notice by accepting our Terms & Conditions for using the Services provided by Fruit Street Health.
2. Examples of usage of your Protected Health Information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
3. By using the Services, you consent to our use of Protected Health Information as described herein both retrospectively and prospectively.
4. You have the right to inspect and copy your Protected Health Information subject to applicable legal restrictions. You may inspect and obtain a copy of your Protected Health Information as long as we maintain it.
5. You have the right to request a restriction on the use or disclosure of your Protected Health Information. This means you may ask us not to use or disclose any part of your Protected Health Information for the purposes of treatment, payment or healthcare operations. If Fruit Street Health believes it is in your best interest to permit use and disclosure of your Protected Health Information, however, your Protected Health Information will not be restricted.
6. You have the right to request to receive confidential communications of your Protected Health Information from Fruit Street Health by alternative means or at an alternative location and we will accommodate reasonable requests.
7. You may always contact us at email@example.com and choose to communicate with us electronically. However, we warn you that we can make no guarantee that the email will be or will remain encrypted during the data transfer, and that there may be some level of risk that the information in the email could be read by a third party. By communicating with us via email, and, especially by making a request(s) to receive your information via unencrypted email, you acknowledge that you are aware that email is not a secure method of communication, and that you agree to the risks.
8. You may complain to us or to the Secretary of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated by us. You may file a complaint with us by notifying our Privacy Contact of your complaint by delivering your complaint to the following address:ComplaintsFruit Street Health, Inc. 1125 garden streetHoboken, NJ, 07030