Telemedicine is trending. It has been a trending topic for nearly a year. The origins can be traced to military and space applications, where both advanced wireless technology and their respective devices were a part of the landscape. But now, both technology devices and wireless technology are a part of our everyday lives. And telemedicine has been becoming more widespread in recent years, where the Internet, software applications, mobile applications and their respective devices meet.
The definition of Telemedicine is essentially the delivery of clinical services at a distance using technology. The practice of telemedicine can be categorically defined into three types of solutions: Store-and-Forward, Remote Patient Monitoring, and Real-Time Telemedicine.
Store-and-Forward Telemedicine is where healthcare providers share information like lab reports and records. Remote Patient Monitoring is a form of telemedicine that allows a healthcare provider to track vital signs and data at a distance, such as heart condition patients, those recently released from a hospital or telehealth lifestyle medicine. Real-Time Telemedicine
When providers and patients use real-time video teleconferencing technology to interact and communicate with one another.
While the above mentioned former types of telemedicine are used to enhance traditional in-person visits, the latter Real-Time Telemedicine can be used to replace a trip to the doctor’s office in certain situations. It is popular for primary care, urgent care, follow-up visits, and the management of medications and chronic illness. The type of Telemedicine most trending is Real-Time Telemedicine and as legislation, licensing and reimbursement all continue to evolve in favor of embracing Telemedicine, it is going to continue to trend for a long time to come, particularly where we read on a daily basis the future of cost-effective healthcare in the United States and around the world.
Fruit Street is a telemedicine software product licensed to physicians and allied healthcare professionals which allows them to conduct HIPAA compliant video consultations and engage in HIPAA compliant text messaging with their patients, as well as monitor their health, diet and lifestyle using wearable devices and medical devices; the Fruit Street mobile application allows for HIPAA compliant communication, and using the mobile device camera to capture images(like monitoring nutrition with pictures of food). In addition, there is billing, scheduling, credit card processing, individually customizable patient portals, goal setting, session notes and a fully integrated suite of applications to implement a telemedicine/telehealth component to any healthcare area of specialty in minutes.
Here’s a new demo video presentation: FruitStreet Demo Presentation.
Below is an overview of the platform:
- Manage Patient information and easily manage your Telehealth/Telemedicine practice from a computer or a mobile device
- Create Patient Portal access areas that your patients can access 24/7
- Monitor Patient wearable Device Data(Fitbit, iHealth Labs)
- Create the types of services and consultations you want to offer
- Set your own hours of practice and availability and patients can schedule online
- 100% HIPAA compliant Video Teleconferencing Sessions and Instant messaging/text
- Keep detailed patient data and session notes
- Built-in Credit Card processing through Stripe.com
- Individually customize Patient Portal by uploading Lab Reports and Educational information
- Set Goals for Patients
- Custom Branded with your logo for your practice
- Offer your Patients, Clients, Members a private password protected access point of communication to offer HIPAA compliant Video Teleconferencing Sessions.
- Interact with HIPAA compliant text chat
- Share files and documents- individually customizable
- Automatically synchronizes wearable devices(Fitbit, iHealth Labs) to monitor data
- Accept payments via Stripe.com
- Allow for scheduling of appointments with online scheduler
- Goals Tab for Provider set goals
- Intuitive dashboard for ease of operation
- Available for Android on the Google Play store
- Available for Apple on the iTunes Store
- Free App for Patients
- HIPAA compliant Video & Text Chat
- Use mobile device camera to upload images to Patient Portal
- View wearable device data/goals
Wearable Device Integration
- Wearable Device data automatically synchronizes with Patient Portal of patient and stores historical data to monitor health, goals and progress.
- Fitbit & iHealth Labs wirelessly sync with platform with more devices being added.
Unlimited training and customer support for Providers and Patients for lifetime of subscription included. Real-time online chat tech support built into platform for providers and all of your patients/clients.